Where do I get a car tag/license plate?

Car and truck tags are issued by the Tax Collector. You have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle. New residents moving from another state have 30 days to obtain a new plate. It is helpful to bring your automobile registration and/or title. New residents from another county in Mississippi can wait until their next renewal to change plates. Tags are usually valid for a period of one year from the date they are issued.

How do I register to vote?

The minimum voting age is 18, however, you may register to vote in a primary election if you will turn 18 before the general election. You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election. In order to register, visit the Circuit Clerk’s office. It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

The Circuit Clerk’s office issues marriage licenses. You must bring a blood test receipt dated within the last 30 days, a picture id, and if you are under 21, you must obtain your parent’s signature on the registration form.

Web design and hosting by U.S.NEXT